Take a piece of paper and write down ten reasons that fit for you. Then turn the paper over, dig deeper, and write a list of ten more.
Here’s a link to a worksheet you can use for this. 10 Reasons WHY
Post your list where you can see it easily, perhaps on your mirror or your computer. Read it every day and use it to remind yourself of WHY you are determined to make progress with managing your weight.
To help you get started, I’m posting my own personal list.
10 reasons WHY I want to reach and maintain my goal weight:
• Wear cuter clothes
• Fit in size 12 jeans (or size 14)
• Have a flatter stomach
• Feel younger and better about myself
• Be comfortable in a bathing suit
• Feel more sexy
• Be a role model for my clients
• Feel inspired to dress better
• Prevent health problems
• Feel strong and confident
I dug deep, and came up with 10 more reasons:
• Make clothes shopping easier
• Keep blood pressure down
• Improve my breathing and my fitness level
• Play tennis easier
• Have more energy
• Get back to a strong exercise routine
• Use my own experiences as examples
• Decrease risk of breast cancer reoccurrence
• Be more prepared for retirement
• Have less pain in feet and legs.
Any time you struggle with motivation, go back and read your list again. Because all of these reasons are VERY important, your list will help you stay strong and committed to your program.
Please feel free to post your own reasons by leaving a reply here. I’d love to collect the world’s largest list of reasons why people want to lose weight.